2) Sikh faith is a universal religion.
3) Sikh faith is opposed to all ritualism and formalism.
4) Sikh faith does not enjoin blind faith. Blind obedience to an external authority is dis-couraged. The death of the intellect can not be a condition of the life of the spirit. Faith does not start with surmises or absurdities.
5) Sikh faith is a faith of hope and cheer. Though it affirms Karma, it recognises the possibility of the modification of one’s Karma with the grace of the Guru or God. It does not lead to despair and defeatism.
6) Sikh faith is a democratic religion. The decisions of the Sangat are regarded as resolutions having the force of law (Gurmatta) Guru Gobind Singh Sahib vested the authority of the organisation in the Panth.